Ramadaan: the month of sharing!

Assalaamu alaykum

One of my favourite parts of Ramadaan is the sense of sharing and unity that is naturally felt during this month. I think it's because most of us are aware of the immense rewards offered for feeding a fasting person and we all want to cash in to benefit!

This is captured in this beautiful Hadith:
It was narrated that Zayd ibn Khaalid al-Juhani said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the reward of the fasting person in the slightest.”  Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 807; Ibn Maajah, 1746.  

I also think there is such a delightful feeling when you see people after a long day, tired and a bit hungry feel ease and satisfaction when they break their fast and enjoy something you have prepared for them. I love cooking so seeing people enjoy something I made like perhaps a new dish, or bought like maybe some fresh fruit I saw in the supermarket brings me immense joy.


This year I am in the middle of a house move so inviting people over to share iftaar will be a bit challenging. However, I tried to take advantage before Ramadaan to share what I could with my family and friends. I made these little Ramadaan packs with dates and cookies (smackerdoodles - a sugar cookie) and distributed to my neighbour and my family.



I was thrilled with this charity initiative from SKT Welfare where you can purchase beautiful tins with a kg of dates and the proceeds of each tin gives a family in Syria 50 loaves of bread. I made smaller parcels of the dates and gave that with the cookies. The tin is high quality and available in smart colours and makes for a really neat way to store your dates in style!
The offer is still open and the details are here : http://dates4syria.com/.


I hope I can find more ways this month to share and build our sense of unity that we so fortunately enjoy as Muslims Insha Allah.

#muslimunity #muslimbrotherhood #muslimsharing #sharingramadanwithneighbours

Sharing and caring,
M4Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkish life: Lessons from our first Roadtrip: Istanbul is not Turkey

Turkish tales: Exploring Cengelkoy in Istanbul

Posh veggies for dinner