My Dhul Hijjah "Ten Day Sacrifice plan"

Salaams

This year during the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah, like last year, I embarked on a "sacrifice" of my own. Although I wasn't in Hajj, I recognized the importance of these blessed days, and decided that I wanted to make the most of it as well. I wanted to use it as a way to get back on track after the great habits set up after Ramadaan. And I wanted to use it as a way to re-connect with my Lord. As I am on sabbatical from my corporate job (I know I owe another blog post on that one!), I should have loads of time right, so I wanted to make something meaningful of this time, so this was my "Ten Day Sacrifice plan":

I gave up the things in my life that were taking up time unconsciously and where I wasn't seeing much benefit. For me this was :

a) watching TV (mostly series, movies, some sitcoms and loads of cooking shows)
b) playing Covet on my phone

I'm sure there are others, but this was a good starting point for me. I don't think doing any of this is totally wrong, by the way, but for me I wanted a break to see whether I could sacrifice it - because as soon as something becomes too hard to let go of and an attachment develops - you know you have problems!

Watch this space for the results and also what I learnt Inshallah!

Psyched to sacrifice ,
M4Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkish life: Lessons from our first Roadtrip: Istanbul is not Turkey

Turkish tales: Exploring Cengelkoy in Istanbul

Posh veggies for dinner