Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ramadaan 2015 Reflections

Salaams dear readers

Time to reflect post Ramadaan!

I read somewhere that a good way to reflect during Ramadaan is to ask yourself  "What have I learnt about my relationship with Allah?"

For me, it is about attributing everything to Allah. How often do we forget to literally acknowledge that that great idea that popped into our head, or that amazing turn of events, or the beautiful gift we received are all signs from Allah, all made possible by Allah, all given to us by Allah!

I heard a talk by a famous aalim, Mufti Ismail Menk who was talking about this, and he said often we say "Shukr, it was so nice..xxx etc" - but thats not enough, Shukr to who, for what? So I want to be more specific now and when I pray for something, and I get it, I want to close the loop and come back to Allah to thank him, consciously. I have chosen praying a few tasbeehs of "Subhanallahi wa bihamdi" (“Glory to Allah and praise Him) - the most loved words to Allah. Knowing though, that no matter how much we thank Allah it will never be enough, but Inshallah this is a meaningful step that will please Allah.

Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (sws) said, “Shall I tell you the words that Allah loves the most?” I said: “Yes, tell me, O Messenger of Allah.” He said: “The words dearest to Allah are: subhanAllah wa bihamdihi.

By implementing this conscious close-the-loop step as I like to call it, about making this tasbeeh every time I want to thank Allah for something, I noticed that how often once I received something I would forget to actually pause to thank Him! I would just say "Yay, awesome!," and move on. So Subhnallah, Im really pleased with this new step that Allah has inspired me to take, as I hope it makes me more grateful and consipus of Allah, Inshallah Aameen

What do you do to show thanks, and attrinute everything to Allah? Share your views, I would love to hear  more ideas :)

Keeping it real, with all praise to Allah,
M4Life

No comments: