Mid-Ramadaan Performance Review

Salaams

The title isn't meant to scare...lol ok maybe a little! Well, we all have mid year reviews at work (yes they are dreaded but they can be useful!) They give us a great opportunity to check whether you are on track with your goals and tasks, and give you a chance  to re-focus on priorities for the next half period. So I thought with the help of Allah,  to apply the same reflection time to how I spend my time in Ramadaan.

I actually did a 10-day review, and will do another Inshallah on day 21. But the principle is the same. Take time out to reflect during the period, so that come the end you are not left wondering where did the time go and how come I wasn't able to achieve my goals. As none of us know whether we will get another chance.

It helps if you have goals set before Ramadaan, but none the less I start my review by looking at all the positives that I have done so far - for me it has been good progress on Quraan recitation and revising my Hifdh starting with the surahs from 30th Juz Alhamdulillah.

Then I look at "what could have been better" - for me it has been not reading enough Tahajjud Salaah - I am reminded about its importance such that a scholar has said you don't really want something unless you are waking up for Tahajjud and praying at this very auspicious time.

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Amazing.

So then I make a list of my goals/focus for next half or in my case 10 days, and I set a goal for praying Tahajjud at least every second day. Though in Ramadaan we are up for suhoor anyway, so requires even less effort.

So there you go, my performance review is completed Alhamdulillah. I am refreshed and energized to make the next period even better Inshallah, with the permission of Allah!

Have a go, and let me know how you get on with your review and goal planning :)

Slms
M4Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkish life: Lessons from our first Roadtrip: Istanbul is not Turkey

Turkish tales: Exploring Cengelkoy in Istanbul

Posh veggies for dinner